SOLVED

Change Program Status Based on Member Count

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change Program Status Based on Member Count

Hey guys,

Wondering if there's a way to set up a program to where the status update depends on the number of members with a certain status (that sounds really confusing... let me give an example).

So, if I have an event and invite 100 people, though I only have room for 50 actual registrants. What I'd like to do is, when 50 members of the program are changed to "Registered" status, anyone else thereafter that registers changes to "Waitlist" status. Is this doable?

Guess I need some functionality to where a constraint can be based on the count of members by status...

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Change Program Status Based on Member Count

Marketo has a missing opportunity in the number of system fields.

A system field for counting would be nice but is not available (that I know of).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo has a missing opportunity in the number of system fields.

A system field for counting would be nice but is not available (that I know of).
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's unfortunate. Thanks for the response!
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I know, Marketo does not have a good way to use the number of members to trigger actions. This is a highly requested feature, particularly for events with limited spots available.

I usually just create a report showing how many members have the status "Registered" and then change the landing page to let the leads know they are being put on a waitlist once the limit has been met. You have to create a seperate campaign to change the progression status to "Waitlisted" for those who did not make the first 50.