Smart Campaign affecting Leads from receiving emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart Campaign affecting Leads from receiving emails

Hi there, 

While doing some database clean up I came across a lead that was imported in June 2014. Looking at his activity log he was sent one marketing email and two sales emails. It shows the marketing email as delivered but the two sales email have no information on being delivered or bounced. After the last email was sent in August 2014, that lead has never received any emails from our marketing efforts. We did put into place a campaign that would prevent leads who have not done any action in the past 180 days from receiving our emails. My question, does this lead fall into that category and that is why he's been suspended from receiving any more emails? His activity log is showing information from June 2014 - August 2014. Does not seem he would since he hasn't been in our system for longer than the 180 day period. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks! 
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Smart Campaign affecting Leads from receiving emails

Sounds like it. Depends how your campaign is setup to suspend leads from receiving more emails.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Smart Campaign affecting Leads from receiving emails

I took another look at the campaign and it's actually a smart list that gets pulled in as a filter on all our large database sends. If a lead has not visited web page, opened or clicked a marketing email, or opened or clicked a sales email in the past 180 days then they become suspended. However, if a lead comes in brand new wouldn't that make them automatically fall into that category? Keep in mind you have to come in from a specific Lead Source to be included on that list which makes a difference. This particular lead does in fact have that Lead Source that is pulling them into that category it looks like. Thanks Josh for responding!