SOLVED

Accounts not populating in Opportunity Influence Analyzer

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accounts not populating in Opportunity Influence Analyzer

I'm trying to create an Opportunity Influence Analyzer and know we've had many opportunities in the past year (my current time frame), but the accounts are not populating in the settings. What could be wrong?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Accounts not populating in Opportunity Influence Analyzer

The term "Account" here doesn't refer to what Salesforce calls an Account. This is referring to the company name - so it will pull in all SFDC Contacts and SFDC Leads with that company name into the "Account." That was a little confusing to me at first.

Did you try typing in the company name tied to the Opportunity in the "Account" field? 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ran into this yesterday. I opened a support ticket and it was fixed within a day - the answer was that after you first set up the RCA it can take a couple of days for the accounts to appear. I would suggest opening a support ticket so someone can confirm there isn't another bug at play. The accounts populate just fine now.
Adam_Vavrek1

The term "Account" here doesn't refer to what Salesforce calls an Account. This is referring to the company name - so it will pull in all SFDC Contacts and SFDC Leads with that company name into the "Account." That was a little confusing to me at first.

Did you try typing in the company name tied to the Opportunity in the "Account" field? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Adam. This was a little confusing as I was hoping Marketo would populate accounts, but I just tried typing in the company name tied to an opportunity and found what I was looking for. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alice - so your accounts are now populating instead of having to type in a company name?
Anonymous
Not applicable

No - Adam's answer explains it! The company name Marketo has stored matches to the Account name in Salesforce. Previously when I typed in the company name nothing appeared in the dropdown, but now it's working.
Adam_Vavrek1

I made a suggestion here to change the term "Account."