SOLVED

Different Num of Anonymous Leads between Marketo & Google Analytics

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Different Num of Anonymous Leads between Marketo & Google Analytics

Hi All,

How large is the difference between numbers of the following in the same timeframe:

1) Marketo: The number of Anonymous Leads
2) Google Analytics: The number of Unique Visitors

The thing is that the gap between these is more than 10,000 ! It is so odd....
My understanding is that in Marketo the number of anonymous leads includes almost all leads
whose profile has not been acquired, except the following leads:

- Leads who have not visited any webpage where munchikin is embedded for 90 days
     - Leads who prevent cookies from being embedded

Any insights are welcome

Thanks

Tad
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Different Num of Anonymous Leads between Marketo & Google Analytics

hmm. I'd speak with Support or check developers.marketo.com. The two cookies operate differently I imagine.

Let's say in reality,you have 100,000 unique visits.

GA sees 98,000 because 2% have javascript or cookies blocked.
Marketo sees 90,000 because 2% have things blocked, and 5% are inactive, and 3% are known so they don't show up in Anonymous.

So while those #s are totally made up, I could see that Anonymous has nothing to do with Visitors. If you did a smart list or report and looked for ALL visits in Marketo (Anony+Known) you should get closer to GA's #.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Different Num of Anonymous Leads between Marketo & Google Analytics

hmm. I'd speak with Support or check developers.marketo.com. The two cookies operate differently I imagine.

Let's say in reality,you have 100,000 unique visits.

GA sees 98,000 because 2% have javascript or cookies blocked.
Marketo sees 90,000 because 2% have things blocked, and 5% are inactive, and 3% are known so they don't show up in Anonymous.

So while those #s are totally made up, I could see that Anonymous has nothing to do with Visitors. If you did a smart list or report and looked for ALL visits in Marketo (Anony+Known) you should get closer to GA's #.