How to track a Referrer person in order to send emails to if the Lead they Referred Purchases?

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

How to track a Referrer person in order to send emails to if the Lead they Referred Purchases?

Good Afternoon All!

We have set up a referral form as you see below:
0EM50000000T1vZ.jpg

We have created 4 fields which is what you see under the "Your information" form section above to display who the referrer was which means these are fields are populated on the referral leads record.  See example below:
0EM50000000T1vo.jpg

The person who actually physically fills out the form is the referrer but Marketo says that the form was filled out by the referral lead.  This allows us to create that referral as a lead and sync to salesforce. 

Question: Since the referrer, the person who physically filled out the referral form, did not fill out the form according to Marketo how can we add them to a program or to a list as someone who referred a lead?

When a referral lead purchases we want to send an email to the referrer with a special coupon.

Can anyone help with this?  I am really stuck here.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to track a Referrer person in order to send emails to if the Lead they Referred Purchases?

Essentially the same question as here:https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000Q2b3AAC
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to track a Referrer person in order to send emails to if the Lead they Referred Purchases?

Nate,

There are other threads on referrers. I suppose the conversation Sanford points out could help.
I've also encountered this question for Guest Reg and referrer and usually find it better to link the two records with a Referred by Field that's a lookup in SFDC.
Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

I have a couple further questions.

Josh:
Thank you.  I will have to take your suggestion into consideration, research some more, and test.  
  1. Could you explain a little bit more on how that would look/work?

Sanford:
Thank you.  Two questions:
  1. With our form layout above would your solution tell marketo then that both the referral lead and the person who referred the lead filled out this form?  
  2. If that is the case is there anyway to separate who is who is the form fillout process so that we potentially could have some type of separate flow or tracking?