AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issues getting Marketo to honor lead record type visibilty/ sharing rules in SFDC

Question asked by ab8995f7c16aeb230d80227876bf18c3ea9a565f on Feb 23, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 1, 2015 by 5862616eb49257b4c0a09873649ba1d94d3cda7f
I'm having issues in trying to create some seperation between Marketo and SFDC for certain lead records. I've used both different lead record types and sharing rules to restrict visibility however, Marketo doesn't appear to be honoring these rules.

I put my Marketo Sync user on its own SFDC profile and restricted that profiles ability to access a specific record type, yet Marketo can still sync with and see that record type that according to SF it should have no visiblity to see. No matter if the lead is created in Marketo first and changed in SFDC. Or, created in SFDC. Additionally, I set up a public group that contains only my Marketo sync user to limit read/write access with sharing rules that Marketo. Which should be most certainly keeping it from doing so. However it's still syncing with a lead record type it shouldn't have the visibility to see! 

When I log into SFDC with the credentials of my admin user it certainly doesn't see the leads of the record types we've restricted access to.  There is nothing else in SFDC we can use to restrict access so it has to be something coming from Marketo's API that is overriding the visibility and permissions granted to the SFDC user. Thoughts? Similar situations or solutions?

I'm at a loss and Marketo support doesn't appear to have a grasp on this. They keep referring me to the Marketo SFDC sync options in the admin which has no controls or bearing on this setup. So I'm hoping ya'll might have some advice or have dealt with this before... 

Outcomes