Is it possible to roll back a smart campaign?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to roll back a smart campaign?

Is it possible to roll back a smart campaign? I made changes 2 two data attributes, and unfotunately, the changes that have been made were wrong and the 2 fields are now a mess. Does anyone know if it's possible to roll back the system to make it so the data was as it was prior to running the campaign, or perhaps revert to older data attributes? 
2 REPLIES 2
Natali_Talevski
Level 4

Re: Is it possible to roll back a smart campaign?

Hi Stephen,

I don't know of a way to do it automatically, but you can do it manually.

If you create a smart list to show all those leads who had the value changed (Data Value Changed Filter), you can then click into the leads and see what the value was before the the change was made in the Activity Log. You then either update the field from the lead record, or run a smart campaign to update the data to what it was before the error. Unfortunately, this only works well if you have a handful of leads (as you have to do it one by one), but if you've got hundreds, it might be better to do it within your CRM system as a bulk update.

How many do you need to change and what CRM do you have synced to Marketo? I guess you could also do it in bulk as a list upload into Marketo, but you would still need to see what the value was before the change.

Natali
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is it possible to roll back a smart campaign?

You can add the filter Member of Smart Campaign to ensure only the affected leads are brought in. Using just Data Value Changed may bring in other folks.

Then just run the flow action Change Data Value to X if current value is Y.

Natali is correct that you could export a list with just Email and the field. Fix the field, then re-import, overwriting that field. Just make sure that field is not field blocked for list import.