munchkin.js - jQuery 1.9 compatibility

Anonymous
Not applicable

munchkin.js - jQuery 1.9 compatibility

Hi there,

recently updated my jQuery to 1.9.2, now I see this

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'version' of undefined
munchkin.js:21

is munchkin.js known to work with jQuery 1.9.x and 1.9.2 specifically?
Tags (1)
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: munchkin.js - jQuery 1.9 compatibility

No.  1.9/2.0 killed off a bunch of deprecated elements, browser.version being one of them.  Reference the marketo store of jquery, they will make sure it doesn't update past a breaking point, or just roll back to your own hosted last working version files.  Don't reference the google or jquery hosted most recents.
Anonymous
Not applicable

ah thank you, in the process of rolling back to jQuery 1.8.x

would you happen to know when/if an update to be 1.9+ compatible might be expect?
Anonymous
Not applicable

No idea.  Just happened to catch a thread yesterday morning regarding this, and I think it was Erik that assured us that the marketo hosted file would remain older version until they were sure nothing would break.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're testing a 1.9 version, but as Craig mentions they really changed the library in that update. I don't have a firm ETA yet, but we were thinking of making a beta available as the first step.

We won't update the Marketo hosted one until Munchkin fully supports the new version.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates on this?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all,

We just created a beta version of Munchkin that supports 1.9. If you're interested in trying it please email me at erik@marketo.com

-Erik
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it should be made clearer on the Munchkin Page that there is a dependency on Jquery - with reference to supported versions.

I had no idea, and lost a couple of days of tracking data because I missed the error.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there some way to disable the code programmatically if there is a problem like this?  We are running into this now and this is affecting our end users.  I would rather not have to change the code if there is a problem (i.e. use a try catch clause).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, not that I know of. Although I'm not exactly a Javascript master.

I did send you the beta however.