3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2013 12:17 PM by John Clark

Multiple Companies Email Blast

I want to send an email to a certain role in a certain number of companies. Is there an easy way to create a smart list that can include all of the contacts within those companies in a certain role? Thanks
        • Re: Multiple Companies Email Blast
          John Clark
          As long as each of those leads has that role and company name as attributes/fields then you can choose each as a filter when creating the smart list.  You could select multiple filters from the "Lead Attribute" section in order to grab the role/title and then all the companies you want.  It would look like this.

1. Job Title >is   >Job Title   (If the role is called something different in different companies, you'll want to add another job title filter)

2.Company Name >is  >Company Name

3. Company Name >is >Company Name

4. Company Name >is >Company Name

Then you'll want to use advanced filters and set it up like this 1 and (2 or 3 or 4) Etc.  Otherwise you're telling Marketo that you want someone with that title/role who works for all of those companies!  If there are multiple job titles it would look like this (1 or 2 or 3) and (4 or 5 or 6) with 1,2,3 being job titles, and 4,5,6 being Company Names.
          Take note that you'll need to be choosing all of your filters from the Lead Attibute section.  There is a Company Attribute section that only works for company objects as opposed to Lead objects.

I hope this helps. :)
            I am having trouble with the advanced filters section. So what would I put for the advanced filters if I want the Job title and the company ( I have about 60 or so companies). Thanks
              John Clark
              You would want the job title as number one and then all of the company names to follow.  Then you'd set the advanced filters like this.
              1 and (2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6) etc
              That's going to take every lead who has that job title AND one of the company names as attributes.