Do we need lead lifecycle campaigns AND revenue cycle modeler?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do we need lead lifecycle campaigns AND revenue cycle modeler?

My company has not been using the revenue cycle modeler or any lead lifecycle management since we installed Marketo 10 months ago. We would like to acitivate this tool now and need some advice on where to start. Do we need both a lead lifecycle management capaign AND the revenue cycle modeler in place to begin? Or one or the other? HELP! This is so overwhelming! Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Do we need lead lifecycle campaigns AND revenue cycle modeler?

Hi Jessica,

It is overwhelming at first.

What I suggest is to map out your lead lifecycle on PAPER. Discuss this internally with sales, marketing, etc. So for each stage, you need to know the criteria for a lead to enter/become a member of the Stage:

Anonymous=Anonymous
Prospect=leads not assigned who are in Lead Status=New
etc.

Then you can create a new RCM in Analytics with the appropriate Stages, Gates, SLAs, etc. I recommend keeping it simple like Marketo's examples.

When you have that in place, you can then build a set of lead lifecycle campaigns to help manage the transitions between stages. Check the docs on exactly what is required here.

To kick of the RCM modeler (make it active), you need a set of Smart Lists and Flows to assign leads to their current stages.

Once RCM is running, you can then use Revenue Stage filters and Flow actions to trigger campaigns, etc. to enhance nurturing programs or to start a series of welcome new customer emails.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do we need lead lifecycle campaigns AND revenue cycle modeler?

Where are the lead lifecycle campaign docs? I cannot find them anywhere!