How to "see" if a user watches an on demand webinar hosted off your site

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to "see" if a user watches an on demand webinar hosted off your site

OK team...

I'm not our website admin, so this may be a super easy question for some of you who are a touch more savvy than I...

We have a webinar coming up. We're recording it, and will have it for on-demand viewing (gated with a Marketo form, of course). Doing this, we have the content, and I can see the registrations via the form fill-outs HOWEVER... is there a way for me to be able to tell if they actually hit play and WATCH the webinar? I can see if they fill out the form, and land on the viewing page... but can I tell who actually hits play (and then trigger their Progression Status to reflect that)?

And... can you determine if they hit play... vs. if they actually watch all of it? View time would be an interesting detail... 

Presuming I'm going to have to dive into add'l web stats here, outside of Marketo, and possibly have to change Progression Status manually... but if you've come up with a good way to do this, let em know! - Jen

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to "see" if a user watches an on demand webinar hosted off your site

Yes, it is possible. Check out test.hollebone.ca for the code that will help you do this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We push people to vimeo and if they click on the URL we mark them as watched on-demand. might be worth checking out Josh's suggestion.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also do this if you're using HTML5 video. You can use javascript to insert keyframe markers, ie half way, completed. And push that info back to Marketo. I haven't gotten there yet, but if i get there I'll letcha know how to do it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome... thanks all! Josh - Now that you write this... that jogs my memory that I asked this question earlier, and Hollebone was able to offer some insight - but I never got around to making it happen. Will work on that this week. Appreciate it guys! - Jen