2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2013 11:12 PM by 6779

Question about inline form labels with jquery

I am trying to incorporate this jquery "fix" from the Marketo archives, but find that this code then allows the form to be submitted without the user having entered any data, due to the fact that the form field now populates the field until the user enters data.

Article in question : https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=ka050000000L7o6AAC

Anyone using this have a solution I may borrow?
        • Re: Question about inline form labels with jquery
          Naor, I don't have the code written, but a basic validation script (if value equals label, clear field onSubmit) should fix this. Check StackOverflow, my favorite website for stuff like this!
          • Re: Question about inline form labels with jquery
            Hey Naor --  Try this and see if it helps..

<***** type="text/javascript">
                                                      // test and setup jQuery in no conflict mode
                                                      if (typeof $jQ == 'undefined') {
                                                      var $jQ = jQuery.noConflict();
                                                      }
                                                      function formSubmit(elt) {
                                                      return Mkto.formSubmit(elt);
                                                      }
                                                      function formReset(elt) {
                                                      return Mkto.formReset(elt);
                                                      }

deleted some info
                                                      };
                                                      </******>

replaced script with *****