SOLVED

Birthday Sales Alert

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Birthday Sales Alert

Does anyone know if it's possible to set up a campaign that sends a Birthday Sales Alert a couple of days before the lead actually has their birthday to let the lead owner know that it's coming up?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Birthday Sales Alert

There's going to be a new feature in the 3/8 release that should make this easer--check out Cheryl's comment in this thread:

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PYzMAAW

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sure, do you have a Lead Birthday Field?

If so, then you can have a batch campaign that runs each night:

If Birthday is next 2 days, Send Alert to Sales
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderful!  Thanks Josh!
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's going to be a new feature in the 3/8 release that should make this easer--check out Cheryl's comment in this thread:

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PYzMAAW
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant! This will make it heaps easier!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to note on the date vs. birthdate problem::

The date enhancement is going to be great for things like contract expirations.  

i.e.  Your contract expires on May 1, 2013.  Its very easy for the system to run a query that says wait until 30 days prior to May 1, 2013.  

Birthdays are a bit trickier...If you were born May 1, 1970 for example, there is not a trigger that says "wait until May 1, 1970" (or in this case the birthday field), because that day past 43 years ago.

What you'd essentially need is something that either reads JUST the month and date, which might be a bit difficult, OR you need to adjust people's birthday so it always puts in for the next logical birthday.  So when it hits May 2nd 2013, all of the people born on May 1st will have their birthday moved to May 1, 2014.

Can be done with a trigger in SFDC pretty easily.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are accommodating for the year issue that Michael describes with this new feature. Birthdate emails will be possible.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, I'm still having a bit of trouble getting this one setup properly...

I don't know if I'm blind, but when I filter on the birthdate, it doesn't give me the option to only show the leads that have a birthday in the next few days (only seem to have this week/month or last week/month as options), so below is how I've tried to set it up.

Smart List:
Filter - Date of Birth is not empty

Flow:
Wait until: 5 days before {{lead.date of birth}} (next anniversary)
Send Alert: Email Sales Alert - Lead Birthday Reminder
Wait until: 1 days before {{lead.date of birth}} (next anniversary)
Send Alert: Email Sales Alert - Leads Birthday Tomorrow

When I tested this, I assumed the Wait Steps would hold the leads until the appropriate time, but the wait steps didn't appear to work & the emails were all sent at the same time regardless of when the leads birthday was.

Would really appreciate it if anyone could let me know what I'm doing wrong & how I can fix it.

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amy,

I'm assuming you have some leads whose birthdays are outside the "5 days before" so this should definitely work.  I am going to look into this.  If you have leads that are inside the 5 days, for example, only 4 days before their bday when the campaign runs then they would skip the wait and go to the next flow.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cheryl

Yeah, I'm testing on three leads at the moment & their birthday's are as follows:
1st April 2013
4th April 2013
31 October 1968

In theory, the only lead that I should have received an email for was the one on 1st April 2013 as this date is 5 days away.

Cheers
Amy