Interrupting a wait step

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interrupting a wait step

I'm creating a campaign to be triggered using Sales Inisght. The campaign will be used to put leads on a 6 week marketing suspend list. I want to create an email that will remind the sales person when there are five days remaining in the suspend that the lead will be removed and that they will need to add the lead again if they still don't want them to receive marketing emails. Here is the flow:

0EM50000000QPyH.jpg

My question: If the sales person gets the "5 day warning" email and decides that they want to renew the suspend, is there a way for them to add the person again at that point? What happens if they add the lead to the campaign again, using Sales Insight? (befoire the flow has completed)

My concern is that there will be no value in sending a 5 day warning if the sales person cannot take action to renew the suspend at that time. My purpose for creating the 5 day warning notification is because if the sales person gets a notification at the same time the lead is removed from the suspend, it is possible that it would take them a day or two to renew the suspend (if that is what they wish to do). Leaving a window for emails to be sent to a lead that should not receive them.
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Interrupting a wait step

Hey Jason,

Not entirely sure that this will work, but could you create a smart campaign that is called from Marketo Sales Insight by the sales rep that first removes the lead from this flow, the adds them back into it? I'd imagine, assuming you've set smart list criteria to "Each lead can run through flow every time", that by removing them from the flow and adding them back in, you restart the wait process. It wouldn't affect the data value change, because it would just change the suspension from true to true again.

So your campaign would look something like this:

Smart List:
1. Trigger: Campaign is Requested, source is Sales Insight
2. Filter: Is member of smart campaign: Temporary Marketing Suspension
Flow Step:
1. Remove from Flow: Temporary Marketing Suspension
2. Request Campaign: Temporary Marketing Suspension

You'd then need to add "Campaign is Requested: Marketo Flow Action" as a trigger to your original suspension campaign if you haven't already, and the two should talk to each other nicely.

Just a thought! Let me know if you try it and it ends up working, I'm curious now.

-Jeff
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Interrupting a wait step

Yes, that will work.