Alert that includes link to Salesforce lead record

Anonymous
Not applicable

Alert that includes link to Salesforce lead record

Hi - Is it possible to generate a Marketo alert that includes a link to a Salesforce lead record? When we assign a Marketo lead to a sales rep, we notify the rep they've been assigned a lead. We've had a couple of missed hand-offs where the rep creates a new SFDC record, so we'd like to have so it's super easy for a rep to go directly to the record in SFDC.

I'm not an expert on SFDC, but apparently nothing automatically notifies a rep in SFDC when a lead is assigned. I find that surprising. We can always manually copy and paste the lead record url, but if we can automate it, that's what I'd like to do.

Hope this makes sense! Appreciate any advice on notification of reps.

Greg
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alert that includes link to Salesforce lead record

There is a token you can add to the email called Send Alert. This token will automatically populate with a link to the record in SFDC. https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kyu1CAC
Anonymous
Not applicable

The token that Cheryl is referencing to is {{SP_Send_Alert_Info}}. This token provides a link to the lead in both Marketo and Salesforce. More info on it here -  https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L864CAC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't want to use that token, you can also use a link to the following:

http://naX.salesforce.com/{{lead.SFDC Id}}

naX = your Salesforce server/subdomain (log in to SFDC to see it).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jason,

I was using it , and it is not working anymore

since the past 2 days

do you have a way to fix it ?

thanks

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I just did a send and did not have a problem -- the {{Lead.SFDC Id}} token was correctly filled in as usual. Are you sure you don't have a strange example of a lead that's Marketo-only?

Anonymous
Not applicable

this is weird, some of the send have the SFDC link working properly

some, not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jason, Jim, Cheryl - Really appreciate the tips. One follow-up question I hope you can help with: let's say I assign a lead to a rep. What kind of trigger or event would you use to generate a send alert to the rep?

Thanks again for your help.

Greg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greg,

You can add the Send Alert flow step to an existing trigger campaign (Fills Out Form, Clicks Link in Email, etc.) or create a standalone campaign for it. Alerts are built to send to sales reps. Here's an example:

0EM50000000QOd3.jpg