What is the best way to sync records via API?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the best way to sync records via API?

What is the best way to pull records with a specific value? Currently I am using GetMuitpleLeads but I am unable to specify filter criteria, hence I have to scan every lead to check whether a specific lead record has the value that I am looking for. It works for small instances but when the instances are huge and the no of leads which get updated in an hour are huge and I am unable to keep with the sync process.

I looked into webhooks but it really doesnt solve my issue as I may be looking to sync 1000's of records and webhooks dont play well with batch campaigns.

My only option is static list but still I cannot filter them by a filed value. hence even if the list has 10,000 records, I have to scan them constants to pick up changes.

What are my options here? I am really surprised that the marketo API does not specifiy filter by field.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the best way to sync records via API?

We do not support querying through the API itself.  However, there is a workaround - create a batch campaign to regularly populate a static list with the data you are interested in and then use GetMultipleLeads to pull from the Static List.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the best way to sync records via API?

Thanks Raj for your response.

Thats what I had in mind but that really complicates my design as we are now constantly adding and removing stuff from the static list and what if I had a different criteria that I am looking for, then I have to change my batch campaign and potentially create another static list and its really  not conducive for querying. 😞

To be honest, I am really surprised as I have never worked with an API provider who doesn't offer querying/filtering capabilities through the API.  😞

Thanks,
Juma