2 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2013 8:24 AM by Marie Ligier

    Filter "member of smartlist" changes the number of leads according to its position

    Marie Ligier
      Hi,

      If I want to target people whose preferred language is French OR live in France AND work in Finance AND are not in the Competitors Smart List.
      1.           I've tried that first smartlist, puting the filter "member of smartlist is NOT Competitors" after the filters ("Preffered language = French" OR "Country = France")
      0EM50000000QVof
           2. Then I've tried another smart list with the filter "member of smartlist is NOT Competitors" before the filters ("Preffered language = French" OR "Country = France")
            
      0EM50000000QVp4

      And the number of leads are very different!

      This error appears only when I use the filter "member of Smart List" , with at least 4 filters and advanced filters including a (x OR y).

      Is there any explanation of why it happens? What is the good practice?
      Thank you!

      Marie
        • Re: Filter "member of smartlist" changes the number of leads according to its position
          Hi Marie,

          Want to make sure I'm understanding the problem clearly -- you're seeing different counts of leads based on changing the position of filters and adjusting the logic rules accordingly?

          From what I'm seeing, the logic rules are the same in your two examples.

          However, I'm noticing that in the first, your Department-Type is Finance. In the second, Department-Type is Travel.

          From one example to the next, you're selecting records from a different subset in the Department-Type field. Was this intentional or am I misunderstanding your trouble?
          • Re: Filter "member of smartlist" changes the number of leads according to its position
            Marie Ligier
            Hi Ken,

            Thank you for your answer!
            Hem, yes, sorry, I 've corrected it and I have the same count of leads in both smart lists now.

            Actually I tried to simplify a smart list in this example because the issue I've had initially happened with a much longer smart list.

            As I had different counts of leads between two smart lists with the same filters (I've checked that again after reading your answer!) but in different orders, I thought that the order of the filters changed the targeted leads (and as I got the wrong value when I tried it with the smaller smart lists above, I was sure of that :) 

            But later I've refreshed the initial smart list and I got a new lead count, the right one, the same as the second smart list. I am not sure about why that happened, because the smart list I refreshed was not marked as "cached"... 

            Anyway, my problem is solved now! Thank you very much