What do you use for SF Campaign Default Lead Name?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you use for SF Campaign Default Lead Name?

I haven't been able to dig up much information on best practices for what to use for Default Lead First/Last Name on SFDC campaign syncs so I figured I'd turn to the community.

What do you use?

Any recommendations on what activities to select/not-select?

Filled out form
Added to list
Email sent
Email delivered
Email opened
Clicked link in email
Removed from list
Remove from flow
Sales email sent
Sales email opened
Clicked link in sales email
Sales email received

Note: Each activity type is pushed to Salesforce no more than once per day for each lead

Thanks,
Matt
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: What do you use for SF Campaign Default Lead Name?

Hi Matt,

I usually go with the default [not available] for default names. SFDC won't bring in anyone with a null last name, company, or email in most cases.

As for activities, you need to keep in mind these are the auto-tasks and that using Interesting Moments may be somewhat redundant. The advantage of tasks is they are written to your SFDC and do not go away if Marketo goes away.

-Filled Out Form
-Sales Email Sent
-Email Sent
-Email Opened
-Clicked Link in Email/Sales Email

the others don't tell you or sales much about the engagement.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response, Josh.

re: default names - The SF requirement is exactly what threw me.  Is there any scenario in which a null name would come through?

re: Activities - Is there any impact to selecting all fields?  (Do they make any edits in SF or simply create additional noise in Marketo?)

Thanks again,
Matt

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Matt,

It is possible that if SFDC only required email address, then Marketo could sync over a lead with only an email address. I believe the default on SFDC is Last, First, Email, and someitmes Company. Marketo's insert will fail if it doesn't meet SFDC's min requirements.

So [not provided] is a good substitute.

Yes, asking Marketo to send over more tasks and data will eat up API calls as well as grow the size of your database in SFDC. Then you will have more noise for Sales to figure out. The database size and APIs are mostly a worry for SFDC Pro users.