Washed Out image

Anonymous
Not applicable

Washed Out image

Just this past week uploaded and placed a couple of images. On my screen, as individual files, they look great... but once uploaded, and placed into a landing page or email, they're showing up washed out (For instance, a true deep black is appearing a bit hazy/dark grey in comparison).

Any ideas on why that might be occuring? File type? Size? etc?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Washed Out image

That's strange, I've never experienced anything like that - UNLESS I change the image size in marketo...then it goes bananas for some reason. What file types are you uploading? I've had no issues with GIF and JPEG formats 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, the last few file types have been png files... so perhaps it's not as png friendly? The image shows up, but it loses richness/doesn't "pop" as it should. Seems strange!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel like I've uploaded transparent PNG's without a problem in the past. Are they PNG-24? I've never saved the files as anything but. Maybe if you're using the PNG-12 format it isn't as good, but that's just a wild theory, I'm not a graphic designer. 
Kimi_Heskett1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

I don't have issues with PNGs, I agree with Naor though on re-sized images acting crazy sometimes.