4. Send Email 2

5. wait: 7 days

6. Send Email 3

Qualification Rules: Each lead can run through the flow once

Schedule:

Feb 20, 2013 09:00 AM PST

Feb 27, 2013 09:00 AM PST

Mar 6, 2013 09:00 AM PST

My Agenda: I want to send email to users every Wednesday. I dont want to use trigger campaigns.

Please advice.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What would happen if setting like that?

Hi Prabhu,

Why bother with the first wait step?
Just start from send email and then in your schedule tab schedule a recurrance for every Monday at 9AM PST.

Regards,
Cathal
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cathal, 

Actually Once the form is filled i am sending a thanks email (auto responder email) from another camapaign withe the qualfication rule as "Each lead can run through the flow every time". thats why i applied one day wait. 

My doubts are,

1. Will the leads receive the emails once the campaign RUN at 9AM wednesday or else would it wait for another one day?

2. Suppose if a lead generated at 8AM Wednesday, will it receive the email from this campaign when it run at 9AM Feb 20 Wednesday?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Prabu:

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L5se

Duration plus Must End On. The campaign first waits for a duration – a specific number of hours, days, weeks, etc. It then additionally waits until a specific day of the week and/or a specific time. For the day of the week to wait until, you can specify a range (Monday – Friday or Sunday – Thursday) or name a day of the week (Monday, Tuesday, etc., through Sunday). 

Suppose if a lead generated at 8AM Wednesday, will it receive the email from this campaign when it run at 9AM Feb 20 Wednesday?

My interpretation of the above would be that a lead filling the form in at 8am on Wednesday 20th would be sent the email on Wednesday 27th as it must wait the 1 day and then will remain in the wait until the following Wednesday. You may wish to run a test for reassurance.

An alternative would be to use a scheduled campagin and in your smart list do filled out form with date of activity = last 7 days. This will mean at 9am on Wednedays (your time as set in the schedule) Marketo will look for anyone who filled out the form within the last 7 days and then apply the flow.