Account/Company "lookup" to assign lead to a specific rep?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Account/Company "lookup" to assign lead to a specific rep?

Is it possible to upload a list (of potentially 1,000+) company names for lead assignment in Marketo? I know that typically lead assignment occurs in SF, so if anyone knows how to do this in SF, that would be great too. We have 1,000+ partner accounts that need to always be assigned to a specific rep. Is there a way to upload such a list and have it populate the choice blocks?  "If company name = xyz, abc, efg, hig, etc.) then assign to Sally Smith".

I found this article: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PHkvAAG

But that's only talking about 100 and not actually uploaded a huge list.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account/Company "lookup" to assign lead to a specific rep?

Hi Elizabeth,

The best way to do this would be to use lead assignment rules in Salesforce. To do this you will need to have SF admin access.

Here is an article from Salesforce on how to do this: http://na3.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/creating_assignment_rules.htm

For your specific case, you would want to set it up to say: If Account Name is ...., then assign to Sally Smith.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very familiar with SFDC assignment rules, however I have a list of 1,000+ companies that SF would have to look through. Do you know if I can upload an Excel file to SF, or would I have to do custom development? I don't think it's feasible to have someone type in 1,000+ lines.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have the excel file, you could just copy and paste the list into the rule.

Do you have anything on the SF account that labels them partner accounts? I know its an obvious question, but just wanted to make sure that there isn't something that can separate these out already.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Thomas!  I don't have SFDC admin rights, but I can pass this info along to my Admin. We don't have anything on the account that labels them as a partner, other than the fact that the account owner is the person who manages our channel. Even if we did have that in place, how would that help with new leads coming in with that company name?  Thank you.