Time to get Eloqua user up to speed in Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Time to get Eloqua user up to speed in Marketo?

Hi team - hope you can help. We're looking to hire a lead nurturing expert to work with our Marketo system and we've received some interesting CVs - but they have Eloqua experience rather than Marketo. Anyone have any insight on how big the jump is and how quickly we could get a bright person up to speed with using Marketo from an Eloqua background? And not just the basics, but a super user that can set up some advanced engagement programs. Any insight appreciated! Happy to share the job spec if there's anyone on here interested also...
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Time to get Eloqua user up to speed in Marketo?

I was an Eloqua user and transitioned the bulk of our functionality to Marketo in a couple of weeks.  We didn't have existing nurture programs in Eloqua and creating them in Marketo took several weeks - mostly researching how to do it and testing, but depending on how sophisticated your business requirements for nurturing are, the new Engagement program should make setting up nurturing much faster.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I learned on Eloqua first and graudally learned Marketo. They will find Marketo much more easier to manage and enjoy much more.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your great responses Elliott and Sierra - from what you're saying I think that we can take an Eloqua trained person so long as they tick all of the other boxes and they're a fast learner.

All the same, I would love to have someone from the Marketo community join us, and so to that end I've posted the full job spec here in case anyone is interested: http://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PgflAAC

T
hanks for your help!