Hard bounce after form fill out for content?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard bounce after form fill out for content?

Anybody have hard bounces after a form fill out? I have noticed hard bounce after a prospect requests a download. For automation tool; how do you manage this, know if this occured so you can email them their requested content?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hard bounce after form fill out for content?

If it hard bounced, typically that indicates that they provided an invalid email address. Sometimes people will enter a dummy email address to see if they can get the content/download without providing their real address.

If you want to make sure everyone who submits a form gets their content/download - I would put the content on the success page.

Hope this helps!
Taylor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for response Taylor:-)
They are legit emails (already contacts in our database). only reason I was alerted to what was going on; is that i noticed the same contact was downloading same content numerous times in a row and it's been happening over and over again. So I reviewed activity and noticed alot of soft and hard bounces after form downloads.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting - I would call support and see if they have an explain for this.

Taylor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I see Lisa's issue my be more of a technical issue rather than a business issue. If it's more of the latter one option is to validate the email on the Marketo form. There are many email validation services that have web service APIs that can in validate the email address before allowing the user to submit the form. Depending on the offer and industry it may be a bit aggressive.

Another apporach could be to validate the email in the background after capturing the data in Marketo so that you suppress them systemically from your email campaigns, this help keep your deliverability and overall sender reputation as high as possible.