I'm having trouble with centering assets on my landing pages. Help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having trouble with centering assets on my landing pages. Help?

I built a few landing pages with assets that my designer sent me. They are showing up correctly on my screen, but on a few other folks in the office, they aren't. They have to scroll to even see the content.

Here is the landing page: http://solutions.secondstreet.com/retailers-guide-winning-auto-racing-promotions.html

Here is a screenshot of the scroll bar at the bottom: http://files.mycapture.com/support/Amy//Download_The_Retailer_s_Guide_to_Winning_Auto_Racing_Promotions_Playbook-20131009-083436.jpg

Any advice on how to get these to center/show up correctly on most screens?
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm having trouble with centering assets on my landing pages. Help?

Please check the property sheet for those assets. It is like to be too wide.

It looks fine on Google Chrome 30.0.1599.69 running on Intel Mac OS X 10_7_5 and a 24" screen, certainly very different from what most users have.

Please let me know the program or landing page name. I will have a look, time permitting. It is a design error, unrelated to Design Studio.

0EM50000000Qzka.jpg

Page footer (details)

0EM50000000Qzkf.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there - Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There are two landing pages. The name are:
Auto Racing Retail Playbook Download Page
Basketball Retail Playbook Download Page

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Kelly,
I am new to Marketo but I have some web design experience and I have a few ideas of what might be causing it. My first thought was looking at your screenshot that you might not have opened your browser window all the way (to fill out all your screen). Usually you can adjust your browser window size my dragging in the lower right corner as well. See if adjusting the window size makes the scrollbars go away. I am looking at this in Firefox with my browser window filling out my screen and the site looks fine but as soon as I minimize my window I get the scrollbar in the bottom and the left side seems to have a lot of padding while there is nothing on the right side. When you go to your Propery Sheet / InnerWrapDiv make sure the "left" tag is set to 0px. If you have any other value in there it will push it to the right and scrollbars will appear (I tested it on one of my pages).

Let me know if that worked 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see an "InnerWrapDiv" here, only "OuterWrap Div". Am I missing something?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought these were default settings what I am seeing on my pages and it's the same for everyone but maybe not. Can you post a screenshot of what your OuterWrapDiv settings look like or does it have a "left" tag you can set to 0px?
Anonymous
Not applicable

See attached for outerwrap div settings.

0EM50000000QzoS.jpg