SOLVED

SFDC Synch Intervals

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SFDC Synch Intervals

So what are they typical synch intervals you are seeing - or shall I say what should one expect? Is there a timing difference between updates and inserts? If the change originates in SFDC vs MKTO?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SFDC Synch Intervals

Hi Clinton,

By default the sync interval in a Marketo is set to 5 minutes. This can be set to be greater than 5 minutes on request.

Now this doesn't mean that Marketo will sync updates every 5 minutes, it means that there will be approximately a 5 minute wait after one sync cycle finishes and and the next sync cycle begins.

Divya is right, the duration that an individual sync cycle will take depends on how many records for each object need to be updated/created. (That's also my favourite marketo community article!)

Remember flow actions in smart campaigns are immidiate, so if you ever don't want to wait for the background sync for a specific lead or set of leads then you could always run an immidate flow action, just bear in mind that flow actions use 1 api call per lead record whereas the background sync is much more efficient and can handle 200 records with just one api call.

Rgs,
Cathal

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've always wondered this myself!
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I was told it was about 5 minutes. I've seen 5-10 in most cases.

If you sync the other way and explicitly do this, it is instantaneous.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really depends on how much data needs to be updated and how many api calls need to be made.  I really like this article 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Clinton,

By default the sync interval in a Marketo is set to 5 minutes. This can be set to be greater than 5 minutes on request.

Now this doesn't mean that Marketo will sync updates every 5 minutes, it means that there will be approximately a 5 minute wait after one sync cycle finishes and and the next sync cycle begins.

Divya is right, the duration that an individual sync cycle will take depends on how many records for each object need to be updated/created. (That's also my favourite marketo community article!)

Remember flow actions in smart campaigns are immidiate, so if you ever don't want to wait for the background sync for a specific lead or set of leads then you could always run an immidate flow action, just bear in mind that flow actions use 1 api call per lead record whereas the background sync is much more efficient and can handle 200 records with just one api call.

Rgs,
Cathal