Email alert to sales, after no follow-up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email alert to sales, after no follow-up

Hello,
We were hoping to reminders to our sales team members who haven't followed up on a lead that was assigned to them, within 24 hours, 48 hours, 1 week, etc., and the escalating who receives the email (manager, VP of sales) the more time that passes the higher the person in the organization gets added to the distribution list.

Question is, can we set something up as an ongoing campaign for all leads, or do we need to create them on a program-basis?

Please let me know if you have any help or insight you can provide,
--Regan

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email alert to sales, after no follow-up

Hi Regan,

It kind of depends, are you wanting do do this for all current leads in your system, all new leads from here on out, or just leads from a specific campaign?

Also, how are you identifying leads that haven't been touched yet vs. those that have?

-Caleb
Anonymous
Not applicable

Caleb,

It would be for new leads from here on out, regardless of a campaign. Thank you,
--Regan

Anonymous
Not applicable

The way I have done this in the past is as follows:
  • Create smart lists with the lead status being the one that sales are supposed to be following up with, in my case its MQLs
  • Each smart list will have the criteria you're looking for, aka 24 hours, 5 days, 10 days. (Not Data Value changed, lead status is MQL, Date of Activity [insert your desired timeframe here].
  • Then, you'll create separate marketing activities that say, if member of list, send alert. In your alert options, put in the desired people in the cc lines.
I've used this before with some success. I will also say, in my experience, if sales are not following up with their leads then its good to have a conversation with them to determine why they are not. That can often have the most positive impact.

Hope that helps!