SOLVED

Trouble Publishing to Facebook

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trouble Publishing to Facebook

Hi everyone,

I'm exploring Marketo/Facebook integration, and was wondering if anyone could help me out.  I recently published a Marketo Landing Page to Facebook, and it loads great in the Page Tab.  Fields validate fine, for example.  Problem is, the form isn't actually submitting.  The Submit button changes to "Please Wait," and the whole thing freezes.  Any advice?

Thanks,
Deandra
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trouble Publishing to Facebook

This issue has been fixed.  You'll now be able to publish LPs with forms to Facebook and capture info through the forms.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deandra,
This is happening because of the way data is submitted to Marketo forms.  We are actively investigating and should have a fix in the next release (Dec, because Oct is already locked and ready to go)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, thanks Raj!  Yet another reason to look forward to the next release 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Raj - this is an absolute outrage that we have to wait 2 months to get this fixed.  We've built a handful of FB Apps with this functionality built in and are directing people directly to these apps.  Now I have to go back and do a bunch of rework.

2 months for this is not accetable.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joey,
To clarify, the FB Publish functionality itself is working as advertised.  The issue is that forms on the published FB tab don't submit.  We have not ruled out patching on top of Oct release, but I don't have an ETA now.  I'll provide an update next week.

Raj
Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue has been fixed.  You'll now be able to publish LPs with forms to Facebook and capture info through the forms.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great!  Looking forward to using the integrated landing pages.  Thanks, Raj.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also trying to utilize forms with the facebook tabs and everything seems to work fine except when I get to the thank you page within the facebook tab.  The only way to click and download the PDF content is to right click to open a new tab.  Most people won't know to do this and will assume the button isn't working when they click.  Is there something I can do to fix this or is this is a known issue?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please post your Thank You page link URL here and I'll take a look

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here you go Raj:

http://pages.apspayroll.com/ACASummaryGuide_ThankYouLPFB.html