SOLVED

Advice for automating emails for new blog posts

Go to solution
Ari_Echt1
Level 5

Advice for automating emails for new blog posts

Just looking for input/advice for simplifying/automating emails of new blog posts to our blog subscribers.

Is there any way to automatically generate an email with the blog title, author name, and maybe an excerpt from the blog each time a new blog post is published?

Do you recommend a separate program for each new blog post and just use tokens for title, author, excerpt? 

Any input is greatly appreciated? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice for automating emails for new blog posts

I've been around Marketo for quite awhile and I haven't found any reasonable way to do this. If you are sadistic you can check out Velocity scripting for emails here: http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/email-scripting/, but even that probably won't do it.

I have our Blog Subscription as one program, and just send the email when a new post comes out.

Like I said in one of your previous posts, automation for automation's sake shouldn't be the focus. Only takes me 10-15 minutes to put together the email. Unless you're blogging multiple entries a day, I wouldn't bother with it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been around Marketo for quite awhile and I haven't found any reasonable way to do this. If you are sadistic you can check out Velocity scripting for emails here: http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/email-scripting/, but even that probably won't do it.

I have our Blog Subscription as one program, and just send the email when a new post comes out.

Like I said in one of your previous posts, automation for automation's sake shouldn't be the focus. Only takes me 10-15 minutes to put together the email. Unless you're blogging multiple entries a day, I wouldn't bother with it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Jason. Are your requirements are just to send an email when a new blog entrie is created. Or is it to create the content of the email from partial pulls of multiple new postings from a blog? Some times back, I did create automatic product news update emails pulling blog post contents from a product related blog for one of my customer at that time.

It might be possible to use email-scripting / Marketo custom objects / SOAP API related coding to achieve this.

regards

Rajesh

Ari_Echt1
Level 5

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.