AnsweredAssumed Answered

Setting up campaign sends with wait steps and how suppression filters work

Question asked by 26389 on Dec 17, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2014 by 26389
I need help with setup for sending out emails with wait steps and understanding how this effects my suppressions across several campaigns that are dropping at similar times.

For example, I have 4 emails going out the same day. I want them all to hit in the recipient's time zone so we set up region segments (Europe, East, West, Central) that cover most of our lists. In the past I had sent starting at midnight PT to Europe, wait 5 hours, send to East/Central, wait 3 hours, send to West. HOWEVER, we have had mucho trouble with people getting multiple emails. I have the send filters set up to suppress against each list (both as a "not was sent=is" filter and a "member of list/not in" filter) but we're still hitting people across several campaigns.

I also tried sending each a 1/2 hour apart but its still not working. (I was thinking since we're sending at same time, the suppressions were not working since the emails hadn't gone yet so the  filter didn't know who the emails had been sent to yet and thus could not suppress them.)

I'm not sure if there is an easy way to do this but since I'm having to put 1/2 hour in between each one it is ending up the that 3rd & 4th emails in the campaign are going out too late.

I need to be able to send all at same time ideally, but also to assume that people aren't getting 4 versions if they are all on all lists. Note that these are smart lists, not segments so there is overlap. (The segment lists are only regional and being used for the flow step).

Any suggestions?

Outcomes