RCM and Start Tracking Account Mode

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

RCM and Start Tracking Account Mode

Hi Folks,

I am looking at the RCM and see you can "Start Tracking By Account" on an inventory stage. From the brief documentation on this, it seems that RCM will pull ALL leads that match that Account name (or are part of the Account?) and mark them ALL as in that revenue stage, even if only a few should be. 

So you could have a 1 lead attached to an Opp, but everyone in that Account is now part of the "Opportunity Stage" if Start Tracking by Account is checked off.

To me, that seems like a good way to overestimate the number of leads flowing through success. Does anyone have a recommendation on this?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RCM and Start Tracking Account Mode

Seems correct as it is...Revenue Stage based on "Account" in a report from the Model is much different that Opportunity Stage form the Sales perspective...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

This feature doesn't modify data, i.e. it doesn't change the revenue stage value on the leads.

It's only a reporting feature that essentially groups all the leads that share the same account name as one.  Example, if I have two leads from Acme Corp in the Opportunity Stage, then I'll see an Ending Balance of 1 for that stage in my Model Performance Companies report.  In this example, if there another Acme Corp lead in the MQL stage, that lead will remain there.

Please keep in mind that if the leads have "Acme" and "Acme Corp" as their account names, they'll be treated as two different accounts.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any questions.

TJ
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the clarification! Very cool feature.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am actually more interested in what Josh described, which is the opposite of what the checkbox does: I would like to change revenue stage on all leads under the same account even if only one of them is added to the opportunity. What is the best way to make it happen?

Thanks!
Yoav_Guttman1
Level 4

ever figure this one out?