SOLVED

Can I set a cadence for a SmartList through filters?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I set a cadence for a SmartList through filters?

Hello, is it possible to set a cadence for a smartlist to only receive an email every seven days, without having to manually pause a nurture stream? For instance, if I have a nurture on a seven day cadence, and I want to send out a webinar invite...I would want for Marketo to pause the next nurture communication for seven days after that webinar invite goes out. Can I do that through a SmartList filter to avoid sending out multiple emails to my db withing the desired time frame?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I set a cadence for a SmartList through filters?

You could conversely create a smart campaign which pauses people in the nurture stream when they receive a webinar invite. (Email is Delivered). 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are sending the webinar invite to all of the leads that are in that nurture stream, you can just add the invite in the stream. If you drag it to the top of the stream and set the availability, they will receive that invite next time instead of the next piece of content and then 7 days later continue down the stream.

If this applies to all leads, you could make sure you have your email communication limits set accordingly. If not, pausing the stream may not be a bad idea?
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could conversely create a smart campaign which pauses people in the nurture stream when they receive a webinar invite. (Email is Delivered). 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kim and Adam,
Thank you. If I created a smart campaign to pause the nurture stream, I could hypothetically pause any / all nurture streams through the single smart campaign, right? This would be more ideal than simply inserting another drip...because that would require me to insert that drip into every single campaign, especially if the communication is going out to my entire Marketo DB.
Thanks!