SOLVED

Triggering on custom object update field data change

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Triggering on custom object update field data change

Can I trigger on any custom object field change?

In the documentation, it says that once you sync the custom object, there is way to trigger based on "Added To" trigger:
http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyrGCAS

I guess it's like the standard "Added to Opportunity" trigger. But the Opportunity also has a "Opportunity is Updated" trigger that lets you choose a field on the Opp based on the change of which you can trigger.

Is there is an equivalent "Custom Object is Updated" trigger?

For example, Contract Status is changed from "New" to "Signed". Can I trigger on that?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Triggering on custom object update field data change

A custom field on lead object is what can be done today.  Please log an idea to request a trigger for the custom object's fields - it can be done, but the timeframe will be based on the popularity of the idea.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely, there is.  When you create a new custom object, you'll see a new set of triggers/filters in the right hand palette.  For e.g, I've a custom object named Survey1 and it magically adds the following triggers and filters - 

0EM50000000R7QV.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is not an object you're referencing, but a field, you can use the "Data Value Changes" trigger.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand - but I want to make sure I can trigger on the data value change on the custom object, NOT when the object is first associated.

In Raj's example, I can trigger when a survey is first associated to a lead - ie "Added to survey1", with constraints.

Let's say the survey has a status picklist of "Started" and "Completed"

Say when the survey is started, it's associated with the Lead, I use your trigger of "Added to" to send them an email thanking them for starting the survey.

Now, when the survey is completed, the status is changed to "Completed". How do I trigger that? I can't use "Added to" anymore, because it's already added.

I need a "Survey1 is Updated" trigger - is that automatically created as well when a custom object is synced? Or is that feature only on the Opp object?
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll have to track the state changes in a custom field using change data value.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

You mean a custom field on the Lead object directly? There is no chance that the trigger on the "Data Value Change" can peer into custom object's fields is there?
Anonymous
Not applicable

A custom field on lead object is what can be done today.  Please log an idea to request a trigger for the custom object's fields - it can be done, but the timeframe will be based on the popularity of the idea.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this custom object trigger been created?  I see that this was a topic 1 year ago but I am looking for the same thing.  I need a "Custom Object is Updated" trigger.  

Has Marketo find a resolution for this?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also find that trigger usefull. if there is an idea we can vote for please paste in here.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This feature is not only useful but is essential to implement one of our upcoming strategies. This should be included in the custom object package considering what we're paying for it.