SOLVED

List loading: Skip New Leads and Updates

Go to solution
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

List loading: Skip New Leads and Updates

Hi,

this may sound like a silly question but what does "Skip New Leads and Updates" exactly mean?
Skip new leads= only existing leads are loaded
Skip update = only empty fields are populated

I can understand that you want to only load net new leads (to speed process for instance). But in which cases would you want to not load net new leads?

Cécile @ Talend

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: List loading: Skip New Leads and Updates

We could possibly use this if it were "update only existing leads."  It's a little weird there's not another option for this, in addition to "update only blank fields of existing leads" (skip new leads and updates).  And to give you the use case, it would be for a data append.  The list for the append might contain people who are not leads as well as leads.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never use this option and would also like to know if there is some unforseen advantage that it offers.  The only thing that I can think of would be where you want to add missing data on existing leads like their revenue.
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

@ Elliott : that could be an answer...

anybody out there who understands what this option is for?
Anonymous
Not applicable

We could possibly use this if it were "update only existing leads."  It's a little weird there's not another option for this, in addition to "update only blank fields of existing leads" (skip new leads and updates).  And to give you the use case, it would be for a data append.  The list for the append might contain people who are not leads as well as leads.