SOLVED

Adding Social Icons to Email Template

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding Social Icons to Email Template

I would like to add social icons to one of my email templates, but don't know the best approach to this. Any ideas?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Re: Adding Social Icons to Email Template

I added social icons  such as FB, Twitter, LinkedIn and RSS Feed button, similar to what we have on our home page. (follow buttons not share buttons) on a snippet.  That way I can easily add it on all email templates. The links are all hard coded.

For now the share buttons are just on my landing page templates.  

I hope that helps. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I added social icons  such as FB, Twitter, LinkedIn and RSS Feed button, similar to what we have on our home page. (follow buttons not share buttons) on a snippet.  That way I can easily add it on all email templates. The links are all hard coded.

For now the share buttons are just on my landing page templates.  

I hope that helps. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use the image grabber in the design studio to grab the images. I have noticed that when I grab images from our home page where the icons are, it will grab all of them as one image. I think it would be easier to have them separate, so I would recommend that approach. 

You can also upload the image into the design studio.

However you get the image to the design studio, you will be able to add them to the template directly or take Michelle's excellent suggestion and create a snippet with them.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the snippet suggestion! Is there a way I can add it to the footer of every email? I'm assuming this requires knowledge of coding?
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Hi Kelly,

You don't necessarily need to know html code to do it. But I do have my footer on a snippet, so I just added the 4 follow social icons to the footer.  And yes you can add it to your footer of every email by adding it to your template as Jeff mentioned above. You can even add the snippet footer on your email template.