SOLVED

Field Updates in SFDC

Go to solution
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Field Updates in SFDC

If a field name is updated in SFDC, will the field update in an existing flow in Marketo?  I changed a name from Version to Vendor and am hoping I don't have to update all flows with the new name, but that it will default to the new name.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Field Updates in SFDC

Dear all

If you just change the field label in SFDC, it will not change in Marketo and this will have no impact on smart lists or smart campaigns using this field.

If you have the bad idea to also change the API name in Salesforce, you are in a bad situation:

• Marketo will create a new field with this new name.
  • The previous Marketo field will remain but will not be synchronized any longer
  • You will have to rework all the campaigns and smart lists to have them use the new one, then hide the old one.

-Greg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sherry,

My guess would be that field names would resync during the nightly process, and when that occurs everywhere that field is referenced would be chagned as well. But I have not tested this. Is this what happened? Or did you have change everything manually?
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Hi Jeff,

No, it's still showing the old field name but it's not throwing errors so I don't know what to think?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see, so it does not update. Did you change the API in SFDC? It sounds like if you did that, you could create a new field in Marketo to sync to and you could use your new name for the Marketo field. 
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

I'm hoping that it's looking at the same field - i did not change the API
Liliana_Cheng1
Level 4

Hey Sherry, I know it's been a long time since you asked this question - what was the outcome?

My Sales Ops team wants to change a field name in SFDC and I'm wondering what the impact will be. I do not think the API name will be changed, just the field label.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Dear all

If you just change the field label in SFDC, it will not change in Marketo and this will have no impact on smart lists or smart campaigns using this field.

If you have the bad idea to also change the API name in Salesforce, you are in a bad situation:

• Marketo will create a new field with this new name.
  • The previous Marketo field will remain but will not be synchronized any longer
  • You will have to rework all the campaigns and smart lists to have them use the new one, then hide the old one.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

While this answer is true -- Marketo seems to hold on to the "old Field Label" from Salesforce as the Name of the field in Marketo. Is there a way to fix this?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Amy,

Yes, the old field label will be kept in Marketo:

If you just change the field label in SFDC, it will not change in Marketo

You can change the label  in the admin->lead management, but only if the field is used no where (forms, flow steps, smart lists, ...)

-Greg