This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
Exciting stuff! Happy to hear you are at the point where you are looking at touches and nurture.
You will need a few things in order to be able to do this
- You will need Revenue Cycle Explorer (RCE). You will be using the Program Opportunity Analysis Report
- You will need to reference a channel that is specific to nurture i.e the engagement channel of your engagement programs or if you're using regular programs in your engagement programs you will want to make sure that those programs have their own channel.
- You need campaigns that change the membership status to a success when a person reaches a success. Whatever it is you have defined in your channel. E.g. Clicked
- Go to RCE
- New Report
- Choose the Program Opportunity Analysis Report
- In the Rows you will choose Opportunity Type (Optional depending on whether or not you have defined different opportunities in Salesforce e.g. New Business vs. Renewals etc) and Program Channel (Filter and choose the channel you have defined as the one for nurture. In this case at Marketo, ours is Email - Nurture - Prospect)
- In your Measures choose Avg # of Successes Per Opportunity Created
- I would create a filter for opportunity created month and define the month
What this number is telling you is that for all new business opportunities created in the month of December 2013, there were on average 1.09 nurture touches
Hope this helps!
Great way to measure effectiveness of your e-mails.
One way to get this data would be to create a new Score field called something like 'Email Score Prior to Engagement'. The way you'd use this field is that everytime you send a lead an e-mail, you would increment score in this field by +1. In your campaign setup, you'll also want to use the crietria 'Member of Program is ANY, Success = False'. Adding this constraint will ensure that you're only adding a score in this field if your lead HAS NOT attained success in any program, which is your definition of Engagement.
You can then view data in this field to gauge how many touches it takes to engage a lead, since Score in this case would reflect # of touches.
You could similarly have another field and an accompanying campaignt o determine how many touches it takes to convert a lead into a closed/won account.
Feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if there's anything else I could assist with.
Hope this helps.
@Philip, this is a good start but, like Meghan, we're looking for the number of touches (not success) to reach success (or an MQL, Opportunity, etc.). In the case of an email channel/program, touches would be the number delivered. Does this capability exist within RCE?
That metric is not a standard field in RCE, so the best way to get this insight is to follow Kashmira's suggestion.
Can you please elaborate on the use case? I'm curious to know what action the user is going to take after getting this data.
TJ - our field marketers are required to report on the following data points each quarter - which then get placed in a global marketing dashboard:
- # unique touches
- # responses
- # MQLs
- # SALs
- #/$ Opportunities (both Marketing influenced / Marketing generated)
- #/$ Closed wins