Bitly is looking for a VP of Marketing to join our executive team to create and own our marketing strategy for both our brand and our leading real-time social intelligence platform.
Ideally, you have:
- Strong Marketing Leadership experience within start-up environments in the Software vertical
- Very strong experience creating marketing strategy and initiatives covering: Social Media, Digital Marketing and Branding initiatives.
- Track record of success in building and leading a small, technical marketing team
- Experience driving leads for B2B sales team, preferably in the software or SaaS space
- Deep digital marketing understanding built through industry experience
- Experience in conveying the value of analytics, online metrics and ROI
- Press Relations / Analyst Relations
This role requires a broad set of skills that cover all areas of product positioning, promotion, product design, competitive and partner strategy for both a consumer brand and SaaS solution.
- Build a marketing team responsible for market analysis, product planning, program strategies, all aspects of sales, and much more.
- Be the primary brand champion within the project team to continuously ensure all marketing activities are optimally aligned with the business needs.
- Manage and coordinate all marketing activities, including web, social, press releases, newsletters, creative presentations, and industry events.
- Ensure deliverables meet high standards of consistency and quality.
- Inspect marketing and design progress at the end of every sprint to accept or reject completed work
- Develop and lead the program strategy for product releases, including launch plans, training documents & videos and sales collateral.
- Develop a product marketing strategy and drive innovation in product and process via design and market trends in web and mobile technologies.
- Develop and maintain detailed marketing deliverables in a prioritized product backlog that accurately reflects customer and business priorities.
- Collaborate with leaders in Management and Product Development to create business strategy, product roadmaps, and identify gaps in and opportunities for product marketing.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in marketing with an expertise in digital
- Must have experience developing marketing programs for start-up companies.
- Must have new product launch experience within online (SaaS) and consumer product based customers.
- Strong experience building a social media strategy is essential
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- 4 Year Degree (a degree in Marketing or an MBA would be a huge plus)
Bitly is based in NYC's Union Square. Benefits include Macs with huge monitors; a team that eats lunch together almost every day; flexible hours; frequent guest speakers; company-sponsored training and conferences; full benefits; equity; and a chance to do work impacting millions of users and the underlying fabric of the social web.
Ping me directly if you would like a warm introduction to the team -