media queries are being stripped and commented in html editor

Anonymous
Not applicable

media queries are being stripped and commented in html editor

My media queries are being stripped and commented in html editor. I need my email to be responsive. Has anyone has a problem with this? I need help!
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: media queries are being stripped and commented in html editor

For emails, it would be best to put your media queries in the template between the "head" tags. Also, its best practice to always clone your template being modified so in case you accidently break it you have something to revert to.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hai, could you point me to some documentation on the web on creating resposive templates?
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi Mark,

Here's a good resource for building responsive design emailers. It contains the documentation for creating responsive templates. 

Hope this will help.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zurb also just released repsonsive email template called INK, very good to get started. 

http://zurb.com/ink/
Anonymous
Not applicable

The template from grazitti.com is interesting, saving time and effort to implement a custom responsive template.

My suggestion for anyone going beyond pre-built templates is taking the best information directly from the source: Ethan Marcotte's book.

Ethan coined the term responsive web design (RWD) in a May 2010 article in A List Apart.

His book Responsive Web Design sets a solid foundation. Highly recomemded.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Peter--when I use media queries in Marketo email I make sure to include them in the template--I don't try to bring them in using the WYSIWYG editor. (It sounds like that's maybe what you're doing?)

If it's not worth creating another template and you only want it for this particular communication, you could also download the HTML from the email you're working on, add the media queries and styles into the head section, then import it back into Marketo by replacing the HTML in the email you're working on.

Here's instructions on downloading/replacing: http://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000Kz3WCAS