Max flow step limit?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Max flow step limit?

Is there a best practice for a data cleanup program for a very long list of countries?  I'm using the "if lead attribute.country = US then ChangeDataValue.Country to USA"....etc for each country.  I have at least 125 countries on my list, so this will mean 126 flow steps.  Is this a bad idea???   Has anyone else done this with success - or is there a much easier way that I just don't know about?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this subject.
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Max flow step limit?

There isn't a hard limit on Flow Steps, but your web browser will slow down if there are a bunch on the screen at once. I recommend breaking them up into a few different campaigns.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple source values:
This is probably already obvious to you, but you can add multiple values in the drop down by clicking on the + button.  So if you have values "US" and "United States" you can change both to "USA" with one flow step.

Multiple destination values for one-time batch campaign:
If you are producing a one-time campaign for this cleanup, you may find updating values in Excel and then loading the list to be easier.  After about ten flow steps, the possibility of errors goes up as the performance slows down.

Multiple destination values for recurring campaign:
If you plan to update these values on a recurring basis, you should split up the 125 countries into smaller campaigns.  Consider separating by region or something intuitive, as the name of the campaign will help in troubleshooting should a problem arise.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys - that is what I thought - as it would get very cumbersome and bog down the system , and this will be a recurring campaign. 
Thank you so much for your answers!
Anonymous
Not applicable

One other question, if I may ask -

If I break them up in this way, then at the bottom, for the default choice, how do I get it to "DO Nothing" - because if I set it up for countries A-J and the Country begins with an M, then I don't want it to change any values.  Currently it only gives me the choice to change the lead Attribute field of whatever I choose - but I don't want to change anything if a country does not begin with A-J - does that make sense?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Angela.

I did a program for one of our costumer where we have a Data Clean up program for Country that runs every month.

I used the ISO standard for 2 letters country.

Then change the data to that standart for every country. I think we have 250 difrent rules. Since it was done before you can have more value in 1 flow step in MKTO.

Its work very well now the database of 2million leads is much more cleaner than it where before.

I did the same with ISO standart for State/Province ect.