Marketo - Multiple instance access for one Email Address

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo - Multiple instance access for one Email Address

Would like to seek ideas if we have option to access multiple instance with single email address (user ID)?

Marketo A
User ID: abc@xyz.com

Marketo B 
User ID: abc@xyz.com
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Re: Marketo - Multiple instance access for one Email Address

This feature not available in Marketo. Marketo decides the instance on which you redirect on the basis of email id itself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you are correct Alok R.

But i really love to see this option in #Marketo since this is very helpful for agencies who works with Multiple marketo systems.. like eloqua.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to see this feature as well. We recently experienced that registrations for a training event are sometimes made by a supervisor/manager for his employee. Previous data is over-written by the next employee's registration information. All data is collected under the record for that manager's email address, but the registration/report data only reflects the most recent employee's data.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. Bhaskar, perhaps you could submit an idea for this?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Posted this on the idea before I saw the discussion:

You can do this by using  "+" after the first part of your email address. This is how I use a single address for my multiple client instances. Examples:

Marketo A
User ID: abc+1@xyz.com

Marketo B
User ID: abc+2@xyz.com

etc.

Almost all major email clients recognize an email address with "+xxxx" as whatever precedes the "+"

"abc+1@xyz.com", "abc+2@xyz.com", and "abc+3@xyz.com" will all default as "abc@xyz.com".

You can also use this tactic to test forms/campaigns using the same email address. Hope this helps!