3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2014 3:14 PM by bb7c3fc76a805bb6eaaf2c39c495931d4000aebd

Having trouble with Form Section Breaks

Marcy Chandler
      Is anyone able to help me with another section break issue?

I have this page http://pages.bkd.com/subscription-choices.html and I am needing to add a section break so that there is a space between both technology companies and transprotation & Logistics so that Forensics, Investigation, Litigation and Governance, Risk, Compliance are down a line so I can add a header.

I have attached a screen shot just in case I am working on the page.

<script src="/js/public/jquery-latest.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript">
        var $jQ = jQuery.noConflict();
        $jQ(document).ready(function() {
         $jQ('#Transportation_Logistics__c').parents('li').css('clear','both');
      $jQ('#Forensics_Investigation_Litigation__c').parents('li').css('margin-bottom','100px');
        });
      </script>

I have tried using the javascript provided in other posts but I just can't figure out how to make them both drop down. When I juse the javascript above it only drops down the forensics field and pushes it over to the other column. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

0EM50000000RLSw
        • Re: Having trouble with Form Section Breaks
          Now it is three columns wide on my screen, is that intended?
            Marcy Chandler
            Hey Jason -

Yes I broke it into 3 columns. This has just been a really big mess. Our current subscription page just stopped working and we can't go back to the people who built it so we are trying to rebuild right now.

Thanks!
              Marcy,

Each one of the checkboxes are contained in a <li> tag.  Example:  the 'Technology Companies' checkbox looks like this:

<li class="mktField mktLblRight">
              <span class="mktInput mktLblRight">
               <input id="Technology_Companies__c" class="mktFormCheckbox" type="checkbox" tabindex="27" value="1" name="Technology_Companies__c">
              <label>Technology Companies</label>
              <span class="mktFormMsg"></span>
              </span>
              </li>

From <li> .... to ....</li>  any padding or margins you edit will only edit THAT space reserved for that element.

If I understand your question, you might want to try and create a blank space (so to speak) between where the right most element closes </li> and the next element opens <li>. 

This is the best advice I have for you.  Possibly a new <li> which would contain its own width and height </li>.

Hope this helps,
                   James.