GT Nexus operates the world’s largest cloud-based business network and execution platform for global trade and supply chain management. Over 25,000 businesses across industry verticals, including adidas Group, Caterpillar, Citi, Columbia Sportswear, DHL, Electrolux, Levi Strauss & Co., Kohl’s, Nestlé, Pfizer, Renault, and Sears share GT Nexus as their standard, multi-enterprise collaboration platform. This enables all network participants to operate against a core, real-time and always on set of information across multiple supply chain functions, allowing them to optimize the flow of goods, funds and trade information, from the point of order through final payment. For more information please visit www.gtnexus.com.
The Direct Marketing Manager, Retail Sector, a member of the Global Corporate Marketing team at GT Nexus, will be responsible for generating sales leads through direct marketing efforts. This includes direct mail, email marketing, event marketing, social marketing, and supporting direct calling efforts. Responsibilities include developing and managing the target database for retail and apparel, footwear and accessories (AFA) accounts, developing and maintaining all direct marketing assets, implementing the direct marketing campaigns, tracking and reporting on direct marketing efforts, and integrating direct marketing campaigns within the company’s major account development strategies. Your marketing knowledge and experience, combined with your project management skills and attention to detail, will help GT Nexus influence and fully engage with our target buyers – senior supply chain, sourcing, logistics, transportation management, finance and IT decision makers at mid-sized and large enterprises across the retail/AFA sectors in North America.
- Develop understanding of retail/AFA target customer business needs, industry drivers and competitive dynamics in order to shape sound positioning documents
- Formulate marketing strategy and develop formal marketing plans outlining marketing and database strategies, including: budget, audience segmentation, messaging/positioning, channel and touch strategies. Manage all components of integrated campaign development, internal alignment, implementation, measurement and evaluation.
- Lead demand generation marketing strategies and programs to improve prospect conversion and customer acquisition, leveraging internal and external resources to align with new media and best practices. Develop and drive high touch marketing programs that generate quality pipeline and move prospects through the sales cycle.
- Design and implement direct marketing programs targeting large (>$1 billion in annual sales) and mid-size ($100 million to $1 billion in annual sales) retail and AFA accounts, leveraging direct response and relationship marketing strategies
- Work across Marketing & Sales organization with Corporate Communications, Creative Services, Industry Marketing, Digital Marketing, Business Development and Sales functions to complete projects efficiently and on time
- In coordination with Industry Marketing and Corporate Communications teams, develop and maintain all direct marketing content assets for retail/AFA sector
- Coordinate with Business Development (lead development) and Direct Sales teams to integrate direct marketing programs with sales calling efforts
- Develop performance metrics and deliver ongoing analyses and reports to create visibility into Direct Marketing activities and how campaigns tie to Sales – results, program success and reporting metrics via Salesforce (CRM) and Marketo (Marketing Automation)
- Develop and manage overall Direct Marketing calendar for retail/AFA sector in North America
- Coordinate all database management efforts, including the use of account/contact sources, CRM (Salesforce), list segmentation and list management
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in sales/marketing, communications, business, or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in similar position(s) required
- Understanding of segmentation marketing, with expertise in developing unique value propositions and go-to-market strategies for each target segment, required
- Demonstrated track record managing direct marketing programs, including direct mail, email marketing, event marketing, social marketing, and supporting direct calling efforts
- Experience with B2B marketing and sales required
- Strong preference for candidates with experience marketing/selling technology-based solutions to retail/AFA enterprises
- Strong preference for candidates with knowledge of cloud-based solutions and supply chain, logistics and global sourcing networks
- Experience with Salesforce (CRM) required; experience with Marketo (or similar Marketing Automation system) strongly preferred
- Experience and skills quantifying direct marketing impact (e.g., campaign ROI, pipeline influence, etc.)
- Business planning & budgeting skills (e.g., business case development and budget setting/ allocation) required
- Comfortable working with a geographically dispersed team structure
- Comfortable in fast-paced, fluid, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to produce compelling presentations, sales materials, marketing collateral, briefs, plans and reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, including demonstrated experience in managing relationships with external and internal stakeholders