How to Properly Sync Emailable Leads between Marketo and SFDC?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Properly Sync Emailable Leads between Marketo and SFDC?

Hi,

We want to be able to report on mailable leads in SFDC. Unfortunately this sync is not 100% accurate due to the way Marketing Suspended works in Marketo.

When Email Suspended is checked as true it never gets reverted to false. I was thinking of creating a custom field in Marketo with a formula to update after 24 hours after being timestamped as email suspended. This would then update a field in SFDC.

Is this the best way to go about this? Are there any other field syncing issues that we need to take into consideration?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Properly Sync Emailable Leads between Marketo and SFDC?

It depends on why they are being flagged as suspended - for any campaign that suspends them for a condition, they should also have a campaign to remove and those may be on different timelines. For example - suspend on opportunity created may last until it is dispositioned as won/lost - you wouldn't want to roll these automatically.

You may create a enw custom field in SFDC which synchs to Marketo that is "Individual is currently emailable" true/false and it can look at unsub, suspend, email invalid, etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Properly Sync Emailable Leads between Marketo and SFDC?

Clinton; Everyone,

For now we are only emailing prospects and contacts. We currently do not have campaigns setup to take action when an opportunity is created, won or lost. I will keep this in mind for future reference (Is this usually a best practice to track opportunities in Marketo? I have seen other discussion revolving this topic, just trying wrap my head around it all.).  

Do you see any issues with including Marketing Suspeneded into the "Individual is currently emailable" field? 

Thanks.