Number of MQLs within a date range

Anonymous
Not applicable

Number of MQLs within a date range

I’m trying to capture the number of MQLs within a give timeframe.  For us, it would be those contacts who score 100 points.

For example, I want to know how many people scored 100 points in the last 2 weeks.  (Only new MQLs, not all MQLs.)  I can check for those who have a score of > 100.  But the challenge is to only count them once (when they initially cross the 100 point barrier).  I don’t want to count them again if they increase their score in the following 2 weeks.

For now, I’m catching anyone with 100-150 points within the date range.  –this is not accurate, but it should get me in the ballpark. 

Can anyone think of a better way to do this?
Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Number of MQLs within a date range

See related discussion here: http://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PfmqAAC

I created a new field called "Most Recent MQL Date" - it's a date field
In the program that triggers an MQL task (smart list triggered by score threshold passing 100) I added a flow step: Change Data Value, Attribute "Most Recent MQL Date" New Value is "{{system.date}}"

You could create a flow step before that that removes leads from the flow if Most Recent MQL Date is not empty, effectively capturing your most recent leads. Or set admin settings so that the Most Recent MQL Date field would not update based on a Marketo flow step (then it would be Original MQL Date).

This won't help you for leads that have already become MQL, since the scores are flexible, but will help you not re-capture anyone who becomes an MQL from this date forward.

I'm still trying to find the best way to track MQL's but this seems to satisfy the criteria you outlined above.