Please respond to email@example.com with resume if interested!
Assistant Marketing Manager
Reports to: Director of Sales, Marketing and Recruiting
The Assistant Marketing Manager role assists in the following areas:
- Supports marketing and sales operations by compiling, formatting, and reporting information and materials in alignment with the Marketing and Sales Strategy.
Examples of tasks in the Assistant Marketing Manager role:
- Assist with Marketing Plan and Strategy development
- Develop collateral for digital marketing
- Provide marketing tracking and research information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Post calendar of events and other news on website
- Update website with blog posts, white papers, other collateral
- Use Social Media to promote sales activities and other announcements
- Maintain customer database (CRM)
- Creates campaigns (may be necessary to import from Excel or Access)
- Informs customers of new products and services, version upgrades, services or software renewals through outbound marketing emails.
- Use CRM to create labels for Christmas cards and other mailings
- Use Adobe Illustrator to design brochures, business cards and other collateral
- Research promotional materials and obtain quotes for purchasing
- Keep calendar of important dates such as trade shows
- Coordinate Trade Shows and Recruiting Events, including schedules, travel requisitions and booth orders
- Supports sales presentations by assembling quotations, proposals, videos, slide shows, demonstration and product capability booklets; compiling account and competitor analyses.
- Create and maintain procedures
Other possible assistance includes:
- Review proposals against a checklist and double check for economic accuracy
- Prepares mailers and brochures by formatting content and graphics; arranging printing and internet packages.
- Update proposal database or spreadsheet
- Search on LinkedIn for potential employees
- Schedule employment interviews
- Update job postings on university websites
- Compile resumes for review, store and catalog resumes
- Communicate with potential employees
- Requires marketing knowledge sufficient to make judgments and recommendations regarding website, collateral, promotional material, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Adobe Illustrator, CMS and CRM
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Statistical Analysis
- Data Entry
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of marketing experience
- Primary job location: Baton Rouge, LA. Domestic and International travel may be required.