create an opt out list

Anonymous
Not applicable

create an opt out list

Can an opt-out list be created for all e-mails in Marketo at once, or do I need to list all the e-mails seperately?

Thanks!

Jasmine
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Re: create an opt out list

I created our suppression lists or opt-out lists one at a time, based on our type of email campaigns, whether it's a newsletter, announcement, event, or publication distribution.  I have not seen an option that would auto create the lists in one shot.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another approach you can do is add an unsubscribed status to your channels. So when someone unsusbcribes from an email from a Nurture for example, they will have a status of Nurture > Unsubscribed. You can run reports off of this and see which Channel is creating the most unsubscribes.

But as I review your question, are you just wanting to see a full list of everyone who has unsubscribed? If so, there is a system smart list called Unsubscribed Leads which will give you the comprehensive list.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Michelle & Jeff, thanks for responding. 😃

Jeff,

Yes  I am wanting to create a full list of everyone that has unsubscribed. I tried making a smart list with the filter "unsubscribed from e-mail" (I didn't see one titled "unsubscribed leads") and when I was trying to select the e-mails to pull results from, not all my e-mails were there....very weird?...any suggestions?

Thanks!
Jasmine
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jasmine,

I'm pretty sure that this System Smart List is universal for levels of Marketo. 

0EM50000000QrCU.jpg

If you don't have it, creating a smart list with the Unsubscribed filter being True should get you the data you are looking for. 

When you say you emails missing from the report, how do you know that they are unsubscribed? Other reasons why folks are excldued from blasts are the have an Invalid email address, they have been suspended, or something as simple as they do not have an email address (I felt pretty silly when that realization popped in my head.)
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Jasmine,

There is a system smart list of all unsubscribed leads as Jeff mentioned above, however, you won't be able to see at a glance what email they unsubscribed from unless you click on the individual leads and click on the activity history tab to see what email they unsubscribed from.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may have misunderstood what you are trying to do. Michelle is absolutely right if that is what you are trying to accomplish. One workaround if you would like to see this information regularly is to create the trigger campaign the populates the Unsubscribed Reason field with the name of the email. This field can be added to the Smart List view.