4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2013 2:42 PM by Frank Elley

Anonymous Activity Reports look suspicious: 96 leads and page views for too many companies

Frank Elley
      For many days in a row, our daily reports on anonymous website activity show the same companies generating the same number of "Total Leads" and same number of "Page Views". They are all hosting companies that span the globe:

ServerBeach (Los Angeles), 96 leads, 96 page views
      Linode (Japan), 96 leads, 96 page views
      Hetzner Online (Germany), 96 leads, 96 page views

There are others, but you get the point. Same hosting companies generating the same traffic each day. Can't be a coincidence.

Anyone seen this? Is there an obvious or well known explanation, such as a some sort of monitoring/spidering/spamming bot?

Key concern here: I'm not worried about the traffic per se. But the consistent, continued appearance of these unhelpful and suspicious entries has begun to chip away at the credibility and confidence that the recipients of this report - Sales people looking for prospecting clues - have in their validity. 

Would appreciate any experience you have with this. (I suppose we could try filtering these out, but I want to understand what's up with this before doing so.)

Thanks ....