SOLVED

Pulling data from a user's Marketo cookie

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulling data from a user's Marketo cookie

Is it possible for me to pull the user's email address (as it stands in the DB) from the Marketo cookie on their system?

I would like to write some code that basically says:

IF (an email address is found in the Marketo cookie) {
     echo $email;
}
else {
    echo "not found";
}

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pulling data from a user's Marketo cookie

I second Erik. SOAP API would be an effective option.  

You can call getLead, passing Cookie as LeadKey. The generic format is id:561-HYG-937&token:_mch-marketo.com- 1258067434006-50277 where the first 9 characters are the Munchkin ID.

You can then relay the extra data through syncLead.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sort of. You can query the SOAP API with a cookie's ID to get that information, but that generally isn't fast enough to use inline in a website.

What are you trying to do?
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have a new feature we're adding to our website. To access it, they need to go through a Marketo form (iframe). Once they get into the feature, we are collecting some data from their use of it that we'd also like to add into SalesForce (via Marketo if possible). The issue is, once they're past that initial form, we have no way to connect that extra data with the proper lead unless we can grab the email address or lead ID out of "thin air".
Anonymous
Not applicable

I second Erik. SOAP API would be an effective option.  

You can call getLead, passing Cookie as LeadKey. The generic format is id:561-HYG-937&token:_mch-marketo.com- 1258067434006-50277 where the first 9 characters are the Munchkin ID.

You can then relay the extra data through syncLead.