SOLVED

can we make changes to the wait step in an active campaign ?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

can we make changes to the wait step in an active campaign ?

Hello,

I have a running campaign. Right now, it is in the wait step of 7 days, after which next piece of content would be sent to the campaign members. 
If I change the no. of days from 7 to 9 days in the wait step, will the next piece of content be sent after 9 days or it will still be sent after 7 days ?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: can we make changes to the wait step in an active campaign ?

Hi Swati,

Changing the flow of an active campaign that contains a wait step should be done withextreme caution.

Rather than changing the amount of days in the existing wait step I recommend adding another wait step direclty after the existing one.

So in your example
#1. Send Email 1
#2. Wait 7day
#3. Send Emai 2

I would change it to

#1. Send Email 1
#2. Wait 7days
#3. Wait 2 days
#4. Send Emai 2

If your initial campiagn contains multiple wait steps and you know that some leads are beyond the 1st wait step it may require additional thought to make sure you get the intended outcome.

Regards,
Cathal

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

-
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Swati,

Changing the flow of an active campaign that contains a wait step should be done withextreme caution.

Rather than changing the amount of days in the existing wait step I recommend adding another wait step direclty after the existing one.

So in your example
#1. Send Email 1
#2. Wait 7day
#3. Send Emai 2

I would change it to

#1. Send Email 1
#2. Wait 7days
#3. Wait 2 days
#4. Send Emai 2

If your initial campiagn contains multiple wait steps and you know that some leads are beyond the 1st wait step it may require additional thought to make sure you get the intended outcome.

Regards,
Cathal
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Cathal,

Thanks for suggesting me to add  another wait step of 2 days rather than changing it from 7 to 9 days. That makes sense.

I think the problem is solved 🙂