Customizing Unsubscribe

Anonymous
Not applicable

Customizing Unsubscribe

We are having some issues with our unsubscribe. The link goes to a page where the person can select which types if content to unsubscribe from or opt to unsubscribe to all. It seems clear to me but Im seeing email complaints come through from people getting emails because they online unsubscribed from 1 or 2 types of content. 

Is there a way to customize the unsubscribe so the link in our nurture programs for example opts them out of that campaign but not all emails? Pretty much looking for the 'pause' functionality that we have in Salesforce but enable the recipient to stop/pause themselves. Possible? Anyone doing something like this?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Customizing Unsubscribe

We use a preference center where you can opt out of communications around events, thought leadership, etc. which changes a field on the persons profile from True to False when they opt out for whatever area they don't want to recieve. The key is when you create a campaign in the future to add a filter in the smart list for the type of communication you are sending out as True so that anyone who opted out won't be put into that flow. This won't remove them from any flows that they are currently in though (it might if you use the engagement portal, I'm not super familiar with how that works).  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Customizing Unsubscribe

Thanks. That's what we are doing today. I dont want to give them options on what type of content to opt-out of (seems to be confusing for my audience). I just want them to stop the current program they are in - mostly related to nurture programs.